4/20/2009

What I expect for this semester?!

It’s difficult to be in public writing in English but…

One more semester of English lessons similar to the last semester when Rafael arrived, in which we had less time than the normal semesters.

Last semester I think the tests were a little bit complicated by the evaluation. I didn’t understand very well the particularities of each test.

For this semester I intend to improve my listening because last semester I had a lot of problems with this, I don’t know if the problem is the accent or my knowledge about English words, may be this! I’m sure this semester I’ll be persistent to become me better in my listening.

To finish, I have a characteristic when I read something in loud, I generally don’t understand what I’m reading. I would like to know why it happens with me. I guess I pay the most of attention in the speech and I forget the meaning!

Good English for us!!!

Gustavo


2 comments:

  1. Hi Gustavo!
    You are not alone in your "fight". We all have problems with listening, specially in the biginning of the course. What I can tell you is the same that I told to Bianca in my comment. To read a lot, try to copy lyrics of songs that you like and watch movies without to read the subtitles. It helped me a lot. See you, Evelise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gustavo

    nice to see you around. About paying attention to speaking and not to the text when you are reading aloud, good news: that's completely normal and acceptable.

    And a tip: when you use "become", you don't need to use the pronoun, like in "I'm working hard to become a good professional (not "become ME a good professional").

    Any questions, let me know. See you!

    ReplyDelete