8/01/2009

Have you already stopped doing something you really liked?

Have you already stopped doing something you really liked?

A few weeks ago I was involved in a situation in which I had to stop doing something I really liked.

Everything started when we, my friends and I, decided to meet ourselves and to make a barbecue. At the beginning the meetings were just dinners, but along the meetings we had the idea of bringing some instruments to play and, consequently, to cheer up the people. We drank while we ate and played at the same time. It was a mess and we were awful.
The first meetings there were only few people. However a lot of guys discovered the “meeting party” and they were responsible for spreading the news. So the meeting was becoming a party, because there were people who we really didn’t know. That people started to invite us to play in others meetings, in graduation parties…

At this time we decided to improve our knowledge about playing instruments, including percussion, guitar, and something else. Some of us already knew how to play, but other guys didn’t. Because of this we began to help ourselves to play better. We learned while we played, and the best way to learn to play is playing. It was a gradual and continue growth.
We became a band! Then we went to play in several places!


The biggest problem was I created so much affection for the band and my friends, because we were together in that. We really liked what we did and we had a lot of fun in that time. The band “grew up” with us. And a few weeks ago I had to stop playing with them. Because I live in Pelotas and they live in Rio Grande. I mean it was so difficult to me to go to Rio Grande and to come back at the same night! It was the main reason. It makes me feel so much sad. The feeling was, as painful as to lose somebody you like a lot! I have never thought I would feel that! It was awful! But I’m becoming accustomed to this! :/

Thank you very much!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hello friend!!

    I'm very sorry about you! How you know I love "pagode" but I couldn't see you playing, but I know that some day I will, this situation never happened with me but I think that it is very difficult!

    Very good your post! Take care! Kissesss!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gustavo!
    I'm really sorry about you. I can imagine your band was very important to you and you didn't want to leave them...
    Well, I really believe we can't stop doing what we really like because of college. Of corse we have to study, but we must have time to ourselves. I know it's very difficult, specially because you take two courses and you live in other city, but I have to have time for you and for your friends. We are very youngers and this time won't come back...
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gustavo don't feel so sorrow because if should happen it will happen.
    I feel a bit sorrow because I couldn't go to a concert you all know that I don't like Pagode but if it's a friend's band is different.
    Don't worry thing will be OK.

    ABx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gustavao!!!
    I haven't stopped doing something that I love doing, but I almost have. When I was at Unisinos, I was in 2nd English class and I was lost. I couldn't understand some subjects, my grades were terrible and I was thinking about give up to English course and it hurt me a lot. I made a request for doing just Portuguese, but I gave up to give up. So, when I came to Pelotas, I decided to attend all English classes, including the first with Claudio. So, I am stiil in.
    See you, Evelise

    ReplyDelete