7/05/2009

Yes Man!

Yes Man is a movie which I watched last night! The movie is a romantic comedy directed by Peyton Reed and it was released in 2008 (2009 in Brazil).
This movie tells us the story of Carl Allen (Jim Carrey), a man who was used to say NO to everything. He was always giving excuses to his friends, her girlfriend broke with him, he has been in the same post in his work for 5 years and his life is a terrible rotine!
One day an old friend of Carl meet him and tells him about his new life! Carl's friend learnt to say "Yes" to the life and now he is completely happy! This friend asks Carl to go to a self-help meeting where he will learn to say YES!

Then Carl goes to this meeting and after that his life has an incredible change!
I liked this movie a lot so I suggest you to watch it!

If you want, here you have two trailers (one in Portuguese and the other in English) to watch and have a better idea about the film.
I'm not that kind of people that is used to say NO to the life! I guess I usually enjoy the opportunities. And what about you guys? Do you enjoy the opportunities you have? Do you usually say "yes" or "no" to life? And do you remember any ocasion in which you said "no" and after you regretted?
Share your experiences with us! ;)

Detail: I put a term in italic, does somebody know if that is correct?




Kisses guys! Have a good week!

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Naiarana. I took with a friend this movie on Saturday. My friend said: this movie is very nice. But I could not watch yet. I watched "Amigo da noiva". I liked a lot. Because the actor is Patrick Dempsey. He participated in GREY'S ANATOMY(a Tv series).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nai!
    I'd like to see this movie, it can be very good and I love this actor. He is funny!
    ;}
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nay!!!
    I am not sure about your question so I won´t answer it. About the movie I have never watched it yet but I got very courious. I love watching movies and I like comedies and this actor is very funny. Nice post. See you in classes, Evelise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eve and the others!!
    One of my questions has an ambiguity so I will rewrite it clearer:
    The question I wrote: Do you usually say "yes" or "no" to life?
    The question that I rewrote: Which one do you usually say to life: "yes" or "no"?

    I hope that I could explain the question for you..
    Hugs!! And thanks for the comments ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nai and others,
    I guess I have written something wrong in my coment, if any one knows and want to help me: in the statement - ...I have never watched it yet..- I guess the "yet" here is notcorrect. I think the correct form is _ I have never watched it - or - I have not watched it yet.-
    Does somebody know it? thanks. Evelise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hii Eve! I agree with you.. I think that sentence is not correct.
    It should be "I have never watched" or "I didn't watch it yet" .. That's what I think!
    Kisses girl! =D
    (Very good your reflection after commenting)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nairana!!!!!!!
    This movie should to be very interesting!!!!!!
    Somes times, I say NO for several things. Not always I am correct, but I always try choice the best way...
    I think that I should to be more open-minded the new experiences, maybe I learning more.
    Ahhh!! I will watch this movie soon, it can help me heheheh.
    Kisses Aline

    ReplyDelete